Monday 12 March 2012

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 - February

I'm sure you will  have heard  by now that the great Tim Holtz has introduced 12 tags for 2012, with the aim of creating a new tag each month, starting from February.

I am already a month behind (no change there) so thought I had better get a wriggle on!!  I have finally created my version of Tim's February tag.  You can see Tim's version Here .

This is my version:
I used a Hero Arts background, inked with Snow Cap paint dabber (to create a resist).  Once dry, I inked the tag using Barn Door and Aged Mahogany distress ink.  I then misted a towel and lightly wiped over the tag to create the resist.  I then embossed the tag  using a swiss dot embossing folder.

The heart was cut using a CuttleBug die - cut in grunge and honeycomb paper.  Tissue tape was used to create the ruffle.  The Border and flourish were  both from the Tim Holtz, Alterations range, and inked using aged mahogany ink.

The word was stamped using archival ink.  Seam binding was coloured using aged mahogany distress ink and embellishments added.

Hope you like my attempt at Tim's February tag - now need to attempt the March tag.

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it looks fab - I love that honeycomb paper heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on Tim's tag Miriam, it's fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tag Miriam.... love your take on it :O)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag Miriam. I've got as far as getting some honeycomb paper and that's about it!! I must get going before I'm too far behind to catch up!!

    ReplyDelete