Sunday 18 November 2012

Traditional Christmas

Here goes the next round of my Christmas card gallery.

Today I am showing 2 cards that I designed a few months ago to be made in the craft club that I used to run until I changed my job.  They are really easy to make and great fun!


Red card was folded to create a card blank. 

A green panel was punched and layered onto a white card stock panel onto the red card blank. 

The ornament was punched in red and cut using a matching punch. 

White satin ribbon was cut to show the bauble 'hanging' from it.

The card was finished using a greeting stamped in white ink


Here, I created a card using green card stock. 

I used a round stamp to decorate the card blank in matching ink.

I then added a red panel to the side.

The Christmas tree was stamped in green ink onto white card.

Once dry I added a few metallic brads to look like baubles on the tree

I tied a red ribbon and added a sentiment in red to finish

Unfortunately the class never went ahead because I became really ill and then was fortunate enough to find a new job.  I know the ladies would have loved these cards though!

Not long until Christmas now - I need to get a wriggle on with card making!

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful cards Miriam, I never think to use red/green cardstock but may do now thanks to seeing your beauties. Going off to find my Christmas tree die, love it on your card.

    Sorry to hear that you have been ill but well done on getting a new job and hope you will be able to start up a craft group again. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Miriam. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Cards Miriam.

    ReplyDelete