Thursday 7 February 2013

Pay It Forward 2013

This year I am taking part in Pay It Forward (PIF).  For those that have not heard of it, PIF is where you offer to create a hand made product for the fist 5 people that comment on a post - in this instance on Facebook.  In return, the 5 'chosen' people have to make the same offer to people - and so it goes on!  You then have the whole of 2013 to create your projects and forward them on.

I have made my first project and the recipient (Di Potticary) was delighted when she received it!!  The box was designed on a workshop that I did with the very talented Hels Sheridan at the end of 2012.

I used a box that  I had in my stash for a while!!  I painted it using sand acrylic paint.  I then used coffee archival ink to stamp a crackle effect all over the box



I then set about decorating it!  (That was the fun part).

I started by die cutting a doily out of grunge paper and painting it using Paper Artsy paints.  I painted and stamped Studio 490 Art Parts , inked birds and flowers.  I then assembled these to the top left corner of the box.

I rubbed some gold wax over an Ideology frame. I stamped the word 'Dream' and attached it to the back of the frame before adhering it to the bottom right corner of the box.

I finished by adding coloured drops in various places.

Here is the finished project.


It didn't turn out anything like I had planned in my head before hand but think that it has a nice Spring feel to it!!

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Your box is really beautiful Miriam and I love what you did with the Idea-ology frame. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miriam, What a beautiful creation. I love what you have done with the box and definately made it your own. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete