Monday 1 April 2013

Sent With Love

Recently a relative on Dan's side of the family wrote to me to say that she had seen the cards that I make and would love for me to make some for her.  Well - I certainly don't need to be asked twice!!  I got to work and made a gift set of 10 cards (2 each of 5 designs).  Here are my creations:

 
 
I covered a card blank using sewing pattern paper.  I die cut the sewing room die in canvas, coloured it using antique linen stain and edged it using walnut stain.  The ruler is ribbon that I bought at the NEC show last year.  I finished by using an antique button, buttons from my stash and some decorative pins.


For this card I stamped a wood grain stamp onto a card blank.  I brayed ink onto glossy card then tore around the edge.  I stamped a Hero Arts tree stamp onto this using archival ink.  The leaf was die cut onto kraft glassine.  To finish, I attached a flower brad to the top of the stamped image.

 
 
For the 3rd design I used the amazing Heirloom set that Wendy Vecchi has recently released. 
 
I coloured a square in distress ink and stamped the large background stamp in broken china ink.  The flower was stamped, cut and coloured using distress markers. 
 
I finished by stamping a quote from the set.
 
I really am totally in LOVE with this stamp set!!


Talking of love, how handsome does this Time Traveller look??

I covered a card blank  using vintage paper.  The Time Traveller was stamped in archival ink and coloured using distress markers. 

I die cut some cogs to finish.

 
And finally is my little french man from the Paris memoir set. 
 
I stamped a background stamp onto a card blank.
 
I used a post card and stamped a map of the world in walnut stain ink.  The Eiffel Tower was stamped in archival.  The French man was stamped onto separate card and cut out.
 
As you can see these kept me busy for a while.  I haven't spoken to Annabel yet, but I am hoping that she loved them!!
 
Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Miriam! What a lovely idea. I am sure she will adore them!! Take care Ruth

    ReplyDelete