Monday 9 September 2013

Hearts A Flutter

Last week I was lucky enough to receive the fabulous new Darcy UK stamps from Paper Artsy.  If you haven't seen them yet you can check them out Here

I was looking forward to using them all week, and on Saturday I had a craft day with Di and Laura - perfect excuse!!

We managed to decorate a box, create a charm bracelet and make 2 calendars - all in a days work!
Here are our creations:

Di

Laura




Mine
 For my calendar I used an old DVD that came free with a newspaper.  I covered this with a sheet of yummy Kraft paper.

I then stamped the fabulous Darcy-UK images and coloured them with Fresco Finish paints.

Easy Peasy!

I painted the box using a sand coloured paint.

I stamped a crackle stamp using Coffee Archival ink and dried this with a heat tool.

I used a honeycomb stencil and spread some grunge paste coloured with pomegranate paint through the stencil.  Again I dried this thoroughly.

I added some washi tape and pearl swirls.

Next I stamped the key from the stamp set and painted it using Fresco Finish paint.  

I stamped the hearts onto metal card using black Archival ink.  I dried them with a heat gun.  Next I started to emboss the images and give them some definition.  When I was happy with them I attached them to the box using a string glue.

Hope you like our creations.

Thanks for looking.


2 comments:

  1. They are all lovely Miriam. I love your box. Can't wait to receive my stamps.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab to have a play with friends :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete