Friday 17 June 2016

Journal Swap

It was my turn to create a page for Darcy's journal.  As nervous as I was (Darcy's first page is spectacular) I set out to create my page.

I had an idea in mind and wanted to create an underwater theme.


I created a brayered background using blues and greens (Mermaid; Beach Hut; Blue Skies; Peeled Paint; Guacamole).

I then used a Kasia TCW stencil to create a 3d effect using grunge paste.  This shows some of the texture better


Next I used Kim Dellow and Emma Godfrey stamps to create my sea weed and flowers (this is what they would look like in my world!).

I painted these and highlighted them in white.

The sea horses are die cuts and coloured in coral.  These were added to the page.

I used a little background image to fill in some of the blank space and then added my own doodles in white.

The wording is the title to a poem which I found through Google.

So - that's my page!  Eek! I hope Darcy likes it!!

Thanks for looking......

3 comments:

  1. great page Miriam! love the sea weeds and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love it, the photo doesn't do it justice, the texture is fab. { ps was me above, signed into wrong account lol}

    ReplyDelete