Thursday 8 December 2016

All You Need Is Love

In October we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary (15th!!!  I know!!!)

I waned to put a bit more effort into an anniversary card and used some of the techniques that I learnt from the Seth Apter workshop that I was lucky to attend in September.

This is the finished card


To start the card I created a Gelli print background using a 6x6 Gelli plate, Fresco Finish paints and a Dina Wakely stencil.  This is the print that I pulled from the plate:


Next, I set to work with a pink Posca pen and drew around each shape that made up the hearts.  This took forever but I think was worth it!


The next step was to highlight some of these shapes with a white Posca pen in order to make the heart stand out a bit more.  You can actually see the difference in the next photo as I remembered to take a quick snap before I highlighted the heart in the top right corner.


This is how it looked with all of the hearts highlighted...


I then cut the print to size and added it to a grey card blank.

The main images were stamped onto the second print that I pulled from the Gelli plate.  These were cut out and added to the card.

To finish I scribbled and added a greeting and seam binding.

I was really pleased how this turned out.... so much so.... I created a page in my small journal:


The 'how to' for this journal page is very similar to the card and so I won't go through the steps again.  I had great fun creating these.  And actually found it very therapeutic.  I even remembered to pack the card to take to Portugal as we celebrated our anniversary while we were there!

Thanks for looking....


No comments:

Post a Comment