Thursday 17 August 2017

Country View Challenges - Blue & Green - Inspired By Seth Apter

It's my turn over at Country View Crafts Challenges.  I hope you have been enjoying the fabulous art from the design team members - I always find them so inspiring.

For my second project of the month I chose to create a project inspired by the techniques that I have learnt from workshops with the multi-talented Seth Apter.

Here is my finished project - it is a panel to be attached to mount board ready for display.


As you can see U have gone to town using lots of amazing Seth goodies.

The them at Country View Crafts Challenges this month is 'Blue and Green' and so I started off by collecting some of my favourite Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paints.


For my project I ended up using Smurf, Midnight, Dusty Teal and Zucchini.

I started by painting a watered down coat of midnight onto a sheet of card.  This was then followed by a thicker coat of Zucchini.  After this coat I immediately added drops of water...


....and then using a paper town to pick the droplets up.


I really like the texture and added layer that this creates.

I then added more layers of paint by 'kissing' painted card to my project card.



Next, I set about stamping using Seth Apter set 1 ,set 2 and set 4 from PaperArtsy.  I also added highlights and scribbles using a white gel pen.


For the next step I cut a 6x6 inch panel and tore around the edges - this was then edged with Black Archival ink.


This was then set aside so that I could create the focal image of my project.

For this I die cut Seth's Broken Maze and the largest of the Robo Stars.   These were painted using the same paints, but this time with my finger!


I also coloured the small star from the PaperArtsy Seth Apter Wood Chips and stamped the co-ordinating stamp from Set 4

To finish I assembled all of the pieces until I was happy with the finished project.


I was really pleased with how this turned out. 

Don't forget, there is still a few days left to enter this month's challenge.  There is a voucher up for grabs too!


Thanks for joining me again today - I hope you pop back again soon.

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I am loving all the background texture and the way you used Seth's stamps and dies. Wonderful project, Miriam.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work Miriam, I must have another go Seth-style, it's ben too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, this is wonderful, I love how you used the dies and stamps and the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Miriam!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project Miriam. Love the torn edges and the maze die!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Septh inspired piece! He'd be proud...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry am late Miriam. On catch up after hols! I think that this is totally inspired and wish that Seth Apter had picked up on it cos it is fabulous! Love, love, love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! So very creative use of those great dies and stamps! And your colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page, Miriam! Perfect coloring and a great use of Seth Apter´s stamps and dies!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete