Sunday 3 September 2017

Metal Can Look Pretty!

I'm here with my second project for the Country View Crafts Challenge this month.  You may remember that I chose the topic 'Metal' for the month.  This time I wanted to create a softer project as a contract to my first, and so I altered a wooden board.


I started by covering a board with DecoArt Texture Sand paste.


Next, I blended sections of Moonlight, Egg Plant, Dolly Mix and Sour Grapes PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints


I was really happy with how well the colours blended.

Next, I created a metal flower by die cutting and stamping 3 Paper Artsy flowers then shaping them into a 3D flower.


These were then shaped into a 3D flower.


I added a bead to the centre which I coloured using a metallic Promarker.  The flower was then glued onto the dry board.

To finish I added lots of metal embellishments,  a Tim Holtz metallic quote and a Prima rusted metal butterfly.

The edges of the board were drawn around with a metallic Promarker.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today.  Do make sure that you pop over to the blog  throughout the month to see the gorgeous inspiration from the other design team members.

And a reminder that if you join in with this month's challenge you will be in with a chance of winning a voucher to spend at Country View Crafts.

Thanks for looking......


7 comments:

  1. I remember the PA flowers... I can't believe it's so long ago now! I love these dimensional clusters, fab project Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, not seen those PA flowers for ages! great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission accomplished Miriam. Beautiful contrasts too. Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flower x The texture sand paste is great isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous metal flower which goes really well with the purple background !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Miriam, your metal flower is awesome!!! The purple sand paste background is fabulous too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The flower looks so very fabulous and all the arrangement is great!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete