Saturday 18 November 2017

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas.......

Today I am showing a project over at the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme is 'True Colours -White' and I chose to use Kay Carley stamps and stencils for my project.

My natural instinct is not clean and simple and my art normally does not include much 'white', so this was a real challenge for me - and I enjoyed it so much I created a second project! I chose to create Christmas cards as I figured it would also help me get ahead with my card making.

Here is my first...


I started by stencilling Grunge Paste through a Kay Carley stencil in the top left corner and left of  the card blank.  Before the Grunge Paste dried I sprinkled clear glitter over the snowflakes.


I wasn't sure whether the glitter would stick to the Grunge Paste but it did and I thought it looked great.  This was then left to dry thoroughly.

Once dry, I sponged Zucchini Fresco Finish chalk paint through another Kay Carley stencil.  


Once dry, I stamped the co-ordinating stamp in Archival ink and blasted it with the heat gun to dry it thoroughly.  I then painted the leaves in Hyde Park and berries in Cherry Red Fresco Finish chalk paints.

I stamped the large flourish from an earlier stamp release.


Again, I painted the dots and snowflakes using Fresco Finish chalk paints.

To finish I stamped a few random snowflakes and added glitter to them, along with a sentiment.


I added a green border using green fine liner pen.

I enjoyed the project so much I decided to create a second while I was in the swing of it.


This project followed the same techniques as the previous.  This time I used two Kay Carey stencils - PS068 and PS069  .

Thank you for joining me today - make sure you pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the amazing inspiration from the team, and I hope you feel inspired to join in with the challenge.






2 comments:

  1. brilliant cards Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the glitter over the paste, for me that makes it really Christmassy. X

    ReplyDelete