Sunday 17 December 2017

.....These Are A few Of My Favourite Things.....Blue Christmas

Right from the start of this project I have not been able to stop singing the song in my head!!

Today I am sharing a post over at the PaperArtsy blog.  The theme for this fortnight is "My Favourite Things" - this got me thinking - I have so many favourite things it was hard to  limit them.

Here is the card that I have created using 5 'favourite things'


So, what are my favourite things in this card??

1.  PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk paints


Regular followers will know that most of my projects contain Fresco Finish chalk paint!  I started by brayering London Night, Marlin, Blueberry and Glass Blue paints onto Tim Holtz tissue paper.  I really liked how these paints blended together  - I purposely wanted darker patches in some areas.

2. Texture


I love texture of any form.  For this project I brayered Fresco Finish Chalk paint onto the tissue paper using a textured roller.  I just loved the white specks!

3.  Hot Picks

I have always adored PaperArtsy Hot Picks stamps, which leads me on to my 4th favourite things...

4. Christmas


I used Hot Picks HPXM03.   I stamped the holly flourish in the background around the edges of the card.  The lamp post was then stamped and coloured using Fresco Finish chalk paints.  Here, I used Haystack, Autumn Fire, Berry Red and Hyde Park.  

For the highlight I used a white pencil.  I edged the card using a gold marker.


To finish I added a sentiment from the same Hot Picks set.

So, have you guessed what my 5th favourite thing was??  Well..... blue!!...which also features in a lot of my projects!

I really enjoyed creating this project for the PaperArtsy blog.

I hope that I have inspired you tonight. Make sure that you pop over to the blog to see the amazing inspiration!

Thanks for joining me......


No comments:

Post a Comment