Monday 1 January 2018

Anything Goes - Country View Crafts Challenges

A very Happy New Year to you all.

What better way to start a New Year than with a new challenge over at Country View Crafts.

After so much Christmas crafting I wanted to create something totally unrelated.  Here is my project for the month


I wanted to use some of my 'go to' products.


I started by cutting a panel of card stock and distress the edges.  Next, I stamped the female from 
Sara Naumann PaperArtsy stamp set.  I stamped this in Memento ink and then coloured the image using alcohol markers.


The next stage of my project was to colour a card blank using Distress Oxides in Blue China, Walnut Stain and Fossilized Amber.  I flicked water over the ink to activate it and then edged the card using walnut stain.


I randomly stamped text into the background using walnut stain ink.  I then added the image to a gold panel and topped it to the card blank.

To finish I stamped a border and sentiment from Emma Godfrey PaperArtsy mini stamp set.

I really enjoyed creating this project, especially after me having to spend months with seasonal crafting.

Make sure you pop over to the blog to see the inspiration from the other design team members.  Thanks for joining me today.

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. This is lovely Miriam, I'm happy to put Christmas crafting away for a while too! Have a wonderful 2018, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Miriam ! Love your card !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Vintage vibe for this card, Miriam!
    Wishing you a Happy New Year, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great vintage card Miriam and I agree re getting onto non Christmas projects now. Happy new year, hope you have a healthy and creative one. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Miriam!!! I love your background and the unusual size of your card which goes perfectly with your tall lady!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your combination of oxide colours Miriam - they look beautiful with that very elegant lady! Lovely work! Happy New Year! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the stamp that you used and the Distress Oxide background looks amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful, Miriam! Your background is stunning again.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete