Monday 19 March 2018

Dreaming Of Sun and Sea......

Tonight I am sharing a post over on the PaperArtsy blog.

The theme for this fortnight is 'Nautical'.  I have used the awesome new Emma Godfrey stamps to create my project.


Most of my friends know just how much I love Portugal - It's my go to destination to relax and re-group.  In fact, I try to go there a few times a year.  So you can imagine how excited I was when I found out that the very talented Emma Godfrey had released new stamp sets with PaperArtsy - and they were based on Portugal.



One of the images on the stamp set is a pebble stamp - and this reminded me of the wonderful mosaic that I see when I am in Portugal.  So, that got me thinking of creative a mosaic canvas board.



I started by roughly painting an A4 sheet of card using Butter, Ocean, Double Denim (from the new Seth Apter set), Sky and Chocolate Pudding Fresco Acrylic Paints.


I then stamped the background to fill the painted card.

This is where I suddenly realised what I was doing.  I don't have much patience..... and hadn't thought that to create my project it required me to cut out each little cobble!!


But...I did it!!  And, I am pleased I persevered.


I drew a very basic boat and sun on my board and the started to fill it in with mosaic.


Once filled I Wanted to create the 'grout' that you would get in a mosaic.  To do this, I used a grey Pastel pencil and rubbed it in-between the tiles.

I then mounted this onto a black card panel and stamped and cut out the two signs included in the set.


And here is my finished project.  I think you can see what it is!! lol!  I thought the stamps and paints all worked together fantastically.  

Pop over to the PaperArtsy blog to see the rest of the Nautical inspiration throughout the fortnight.  I hope that I have inspired you to join in with the challenge -  you could be in with the chance of winning one of the totally amazing PaperArtsy aprons.

Thanks for joining me......

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful canvas and what patience to cut out all the tiles! Like you I love Portugal so this stamp set is very tempting.

    ReplyDelete