Monday 7 May 2012

Tim Holtz 12 Tags Of 2012 Challenge: April

Good afternoon on this wet May bank holiday!

Yes, I know that it's now May but I thought I would finally catch up on Tim's April challenge.  Not really sure where April went but better late than never!

Here is my creation:
As you can tell, I didn't use all of the same things that Tim used.  I adapted using products that I already had.  So, what did I do?

I die cut the bird and cage out of grunge paper.  I then inked them using distress ink and embossed the cage using distress embossing powder - this ha given the cage a vintage and rusty look. 

I don't own the reflections stamps that Tim used, so used a pattern stamp which I inked in Archival onto an embossing folder.  I then run the folder through my Big Shot which, as well as embossing my tag, caused the ink to print onto the tag. Following this I used various colours of distress ink to ink the tag and edged it using walnut stain.

I adhered the bird and cage to the tag using Glossy Accents then added a word bank and twine using the tiny attacher.

I found this tag quite relaxing - simple, yet, satisfying!!

Right time for a cuppa!  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Miriam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks just fab - love the background stamp you used. life's all about experimenting!

    ReplyDelete