Friday 19 October 2012

Anniversary Celebrations

I am still in Portugal and currently in one of my most favourite places - Carvoeiro in the Algarve.  So far we will have spent a night in Lisbon, 4 nights in Porto, 4 nights in Evora and are now in the Algarve until we fly home in a few days.

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary.  We will actually be spending it at the Autodromo for the start of the Historic Festival.

Here is the card that I made for Dan:
Here, I coloured a scalloped border card using peeled paint and broken china distress ink.  I then stamped a wood grain stamp using walnut stain distress ink.

The leaves are from an Art Parts set which I have painted using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paint, and I stamped a script over them.

I stamped a Studio 490 heart onto metal using archival ink.  After heat setting I pounded alcohol inks over the heart and embossed some of the deign to add texture.  I then took a sanding block and gently rubbed over the heart to show some of the bare metal colour.

I die cut the Tim Holtz movers and shapers hearts and stamped a quote onto one before attaching.

I also decorated the inside of the card:
I used the same heart stamp as on the front and coloured the stamp using distress markers then stamped into the card.  I added a Studio 490 quote to finish.

Hope you like it.  I will be celebrating later with a bottle of good Portuguese wine!

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miriam, your holiday sounds wonderful, so many lovely places to visit. Your card is beautiful, love the bold red hearts against the lovely wood look background and the heart and quote inside are lovely too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy anniversary to you both :) hope you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete