Thursday 14 March 2013

Take Two...

I've been lacking in creativity lately and my mojo has gone on holiday!!

To kick start it again I decided to play with some of my favourite Wendy Vecchi and Tim Holtz products, using only a couple of stamps and inks.

Firstly I coloured a card blank using worn lipstick distress ink, edging the card using walnut stain.

I stamped the large alphabet background stamp in worn lipstick onto the inked card blank, followed by the leaf which was stamped in shabby shutters.

I coloured a doily using the same colour, adding a smudge of spiced marmalade in the mix.  I then stamped the 'Rules' in Archival.

To finish I added 3 butterflies that had been punched from text paper.

I then carried on to create 2 more cards using similar themes:



For the 3rd card I using broken china distress ink (one of my faves).

I had great fun making these, although think my mojo is still hiding somewhere - hope I find it soon!!

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. VERY nice...especially LOVE the broken china piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Miriam! Looks like your mojo is back from its break!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Miriam, love these cards but then, as you know, I love the rules stamp too! How fantastic to get a comment from the amazing Wendy herself too, but not at all surprised because your work is beautiful. Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete