Sunday 7 April 2013

Lazy Sunday Crafting!!

I've been trying to get lots of rest this weekend in readiness for a workshop with the AMAZING Hels Sheridan at the Stamp Attic next weekend.

Today I have managed to find a bot of energy to have a play!!

Here are my results:

For my first card I created a coloured background using the wrinkle free distress method (taught by Tim Holtz).  To create this background I used distress stains, with a smidge of metallic stain in there too.

Once I was happy with my background I dried and mounted it onto black card.

I stamped the Papillon moths and butterflies directly onto the background using black archival. 

I then stamped the same image onto Clearly For Art, heat set it and cut them out individually.  I stapled them to the main image on the background and then one by one heat them in order to shape the wings. 

Once happy I attached the image to the main card.

To finish I stamped a quote in black archival ink.  I love this quote and use it alot!!


For my second card I used distress pens directly onto the stamp.
 
Once finished I 'huffed' onto the stamp to reactivate the ink then stamped directly onto my cardstock.
 
I added a quote using the same technique.
 
To finish I added black ink around the card to create a rough frame (I'm not very delicate!!!)
 


I started my final card using the same technique as the first.  I then stamped a distressed dots background in walnut stain ink.

I stamped various butterflies in co-ordinating inks then punched them out.  I glued them randomly to the dots background.

I mounted this onto black cardstock then onto my card.

I finished my stamping a quote and adding 2 more small butterflies.

I really enjoyed making these - I love using the wrinkle free distress technique - no two prints will ever  be the same!!

Thanks for looking.....

4 comments:

  1. Ah, so that's why Hels is only at Ally Pally on Sunday... these cards look great., glad you found your energy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Miriam. I love butterflies and those ones are really exceptional. I know you will enjoy your time with Hels at her class. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll finish off my entry tomorrow, but these are lovely! TTFN Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Miriam :) enjoy your workshop :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete