Saturday 23 January 2016

Wanderlust Week 1

I know we are a few weeks into Wanderlust (if you are a crafter and you haven't heard of it you need to have a look!!).  It is a year long mixed media course for crafters and artists.

I know that I will never be able to keep up to date due to constraints with the hours that I work - but I was determined to start week 1 on time.

I wont talk too much about how I created my journal page as it is part of the on-line course.

Here is my first creation....


When I had created the first few layers I was a bit worried because I didn't really like what I was creating.  But, I told myself to 'believe' in myself and carried on - and I really liked the end result!!

It was great to get back into something a bit messy and distressed.  I think my style last year was a bit too clean and simple!! 

Wanderlust has given me back my passion.... and I hope that there is a lot more in there to share with you!!

Thanks for looking....


3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great.. and I should be doing my next one instead of sitting here reading blogs and tweeting, lol!! I love the little squares at the top, and your colours, especially the splash of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece of artwork Mim! Yes, nice to get back to "messy paint" after a break....I should be doing some if I had the space......and I could have the space if I went and finished the clearing up rather than sat here posting!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art piece Miriam. I too am enjoying these courses and making the journal now. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete