Tuesday 1 August 2017

Country View Crafts Challenges- Blue & Green

It's that time of the month already!  I don't actually know where July went! 

The new challenge has launched over at Country View Crafts Challenges.  The theme for this month is Blue & Green - two of my favourite and most used colours.

Here is my project for this challenge


I started by colouring a panel of watercolour card using Distress Oxides in Broken China and Peeled Paint.  I know I keep going on about these but they really are fabulous!


I then sprinkles some water to activate the oxides.  This, to me, gave it a lovely glistening summer look.  I then stamped various grasses and coloured them with Distress Oxides in Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint and Lucky Clover.



Using PaperArtsy JOFY 49, I then stamped the larger flowers and  coloured them in using the same Oxide colours.


To finish, I inked around the edge using Walnut Stain and then mounted it onto a panel of navy card stock.

This photo shows how wonderful the Oxides react with water.


Make sure you pop over to the blog  to see what the other design team members have created.... and make sure you enter this month's challenge to be in with a chance of winning a voucher to spend in the CVC shop.

Thanks for looking.....

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering of colours and stamps and a beautiful finished card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous floral card - a really wild August garden, a little overgrown, and all the better for it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card with the lovely Jofy stamps!!! I love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a whimsical garden, beautiful make Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Miriam - I adore the stamps you have used - it just looks so peaceful - love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO SO beautiful! Love it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete